The Computers for Schools Intern (CFSI) program supports the Career Focus component of the Government of Canada’s Youth Employment Strategy. CFSI seeks to enhance the employability and marketability of youth through internships specifically targeted to develop expertise and skills needed to actively participate in the digital economy.
Under CFSI eligible youth are given valuable work experience through internships targeted to develop and enhance advanced digital skills. CFSI helps young Canadians of diverse backgrounds gain work experience and develop a variety of advanced digital skills and important soft-skills such as project management, teamwork, and communications.
While at Computers for Schools, hardware technicians will:
- repair and refurbish computer equipment,
- sort and test computer software,
- prepare and package computers for shipment
- manage an Information Management System
Prerequisites to Apply at the Time of Intake/Selection:
- must be a high school graduate between the ages 15 – 30 at the start of the internship
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance (IE) benefits
- Ongoing hiring is done throughout the year as needed
- 4-5 positions available through the year
- The positions are full time temporary lasting up to 36 weeks