Each year, CFS Saskatchewan provides paid work experience opportunities to youth, seeking a career in the IT field through the Technical Work Experience Program (TWEP), an initiative of the Computers for Schools program. TWEP Hardware Technicians refurbish computers for distribution to Saskatchewan schools and other learning organizations. Working with CFS Saskatchewan exposes technical interns to many makes and models of computer equipment. This allows youth to hone their hardware expertise and develop critical team-building, communication, and mentorship skills.
While at Computers for Schools, hardware technicians will:
- repair and refurbish computer equipment,
- sort and test computer software,
- prepare and package computers for shipment
- manage an Information Management System
Prerequisites to Apply at the Time of Intake/Selection:
- Youth must be between the ages 15 – 30 (inclusive)
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance (IE) benefits
- Ongoing hiring is done throughout the year as needed
- 4-5 positions available through the year
- The positions are full time temporary lasting up to 36 weeks