Covid 19 Corona Virus
Our Saskatoon CFS shop is closed until further notice.
The Regina CFS shop will remain open however pickup and delivery will be by appointment only, please call 306-777-5771 or 306-777-3435 to make an appointment
Computers for Schools Saskatchewan
Providing more than 70,000 computers in Saskatchewan, part of more than 1.5 million computers nationally. CFS SK distributes over 4000 computers each year to schools, libraries and non-profits in Saskatchewan. We operate two volunteer repair and refurbishing centers in Saskatoon and Regina where surplus computers are cleaned, refurbished, and prepared for delivery. Volunteer workshops are staffed by SaskTel Telephone Pioneers and high-school students.
Computers for Schools is delivered by Saskatchewan Technology Renewal Inc. (STRi), a registered charity.
Benefits of Computers for Schools
CFS helps ensure schools and public libraries have equitable access to IT resources.
There are many benefits to using CFS equipment
- greater ability to stretch IT budgets for equipment
- equipment is shipped “classroom ready” complete with CPU, LCD monitor, keyboard, mouse and Windows operating system (if required)
- reusing technology extends the useful life of assets
- provides valuable work experience to youth and volunteer opportunities for Pioneers
- provides opportunities for business and government to support SK education system and an excellent way to support reduce, REUSE, recycle!
All federal government departments contribute their surplus equipment to CFS as part of the Treasury Board Directorate. A number of Crown Corporations including SaskTel, Sask Power, and Sask Crop Insurance, and other private companies such as Celero have donated their surplus equipment to CFS.